Skip to Content

12 calves killed in Trenton barn fire

12 calves killed in Trenton barn fire

By Janelle Stecklein
The Salt Lake Tribune

Published Dec 7, 2011 09:28AM MDT

Twelve calves were killed early Tuesday when a heater being used to keep the animals warm sparked a fire in Trenton.
Fire officials said the blaze started about 6:45 a.m. inside a barn at 1204 S. 800 East. When firefighters arrived, they reported the barn was fully engulfed in flames.
All the calves in the barn, the barn itself and several half-ton bales of hay were destroyed in the blaze. Firefighters estimated the blaze caused about $10,000 in damage.
Fire investigators said the owner was usin...

Copyright 2011 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Get E-mail Updates from RealEstateNewsUtah.com

Receive FREE periodic updates from RealEstateNewsUtah.com. Subscribe here to be added to our mailing list.