Skip to Content

Utah home destroyed by microwave fire

A Goshen home was destroyed Monday afternoon by a fire that apparently started in a microwave, the Utah County Sheriff’s Office reported.
The 22-year-old woman and her 22-month-old daughter escaped uninjured from the home, which was declared a total loss.
The fire began after a TV dinner was placed into the microwave oven to cook. After starting the microwave the mother walked to another room, but was soon alerted by the smoke detectors, the sheriff’s office reported.
When the woman returned to...