Skip to Content

Survey will help determine township needs and improvements

(Millcreek Journal) Salt Lake County’s community resources and development division is allocated funds every year to use for improvements within the communities of the unincorporated areas. This year, they are asking for your input on improvements you want to see in your area by completing a survey.

“Each year we do a needs assessment of the community for a consolidated plan that will outline the use of federal funds allocated to us each year,” Community Resources and Development Housing Manager Randy Jepperson said. “This year, we are going to every community council in the valley to get their input on needs in their area.”

Jepperson said the funds used for community improvements come from the Community Development Block Grant, $2.4 million; the Emergency Shelter Grant, $100,000; and the HOME Investment Partnership Program, $2 million.

The CDBG grant is used for infrastructure such as curb and gutters, sidewalks, street improvements, flood prevention and sewer improvements, while the ESG grant is used to help the homeless by allocating funds toward rent and housing.

Funds from the HOME program are used for projects including residential rehabilitation, foreclosure prevention counseling, homeownership counseling and rental housing development or rehabilitation.

Original Article